Friday, December 14, 2007

This is a magic pocket card i made for "The 12 Days " with Teresa-- This is a 12x12 piece of cardstock folded -- seemed simple --but somehow I was technically challenged ,

but i truly loved it (Anna Griffin paper is so lovely - fits my chintz side ) , once I got the hang of it . Sorry, the picture does not show it -but there is a pocket that also opens at the top

There is room to fill with a small gift or candy or sachet. The pocket on the front -holds the flat card I made . It was for my beautiful daughter 's Birthday. The

ribbons on the side hold it together . I think variations - would be fun -- less ribbons on one side and add some to balance on the other -- You can even add a hanger to the top for a doorknob hanger . I think i will try one Christmasy one

a checked one with Gingermen on the front and a wonderful

wrapped cookie and candycane in the back pocket

and ther has to be a jingle bell somewhere . I hope more artist will

host pay tutorials -- it was a bargain to me , for several ideas

that I know I will use over and over . Even though I live near the largesst city in the south

We do not have many scrapbook places or places for altered art supplies . Several privately owned ones went out of business -and the other retailers only teach limited

classes ( if you say altered art they are confused ) -usually beginner and run of the mill - (corporate usually dictates ) I do love

Archivers -- to be able to see newest papers -- but their classes are also dictated .

It is not that I cannot create --- it would be fun to meet with like minded gals -

That is why this blogging community is so great - it gives me an outlet to see other artists

work and be inspired by them

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

This magic pocket card turned out beautifully!