Wednesday, October 22, 2008

THE STORY BEGINS -PART 1 - Faerie Houses


As we travel we are -always looking for an adventure .
My hub always wants to take the "road less traveled "
a sign or historical marker can send us off into the wild blue yonder
, on a country road with hairpin turns to nothing but laughter , a few
have brought us to amazing places -- If you do not know where fairies reside ,
I can tell you they live in the N GA mountains -- in Blairsville , outside Of Hiawassee -
WE saw a sign that said art items and fairie houses of "Sleepy Hollow"
and then the adventure began , -( click and the pics will enlarge )
Sleepy Hollow is the art studio of- ART MILLICAN- who worked for Disney for
15 years ,- He is featured in the magazine -FAERIE MAGAZINE -winter 2007-
He says-- " AS the story is told --that when the first baby laughed for the first time ,
it's laugh shattered into a thousand pieces ,and these pieces went skipping about
and that was the start of fairies " - His creations were a delight and we saw him working on a new creation in his studio -- Here are a few of his creations - will try to scan the mag tomorrow for Part #2 of the Fairy houses , Some a small and they also are some big enough for a child's playhouse . They are so amazing and quaint - Hope you enjoy




9 comments:

The Charm House said...

This is so cool!!!! Take me!!!! I have to go! I am going to take Reid (husband)for a weekend trip to see this! He will love it! I have the creative bug right now and I am creating like crazy!

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Kathy!! My mom and dad live in Hiawassee and have told me about this place, now I just HAVE to go... they are precious! xxoo, Dawn

kari and kijsa said...

SO neat!! What a fabulous place to visit!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Unknown said...

Wow, what a treat to stumble upon this Kathy! I didn't know there also was a faerie magazine out there! What an inspiration!P.S Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

Sandy xox

cherry said...

Ohhhh I want to go there...it reminds me of the storybook ride at Disneyland....soooo sweet. cherry

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Kathy thank you for your prayers for my mum!

Hubby and I always take the road less traveled! We have discovered so many wonderful places hidden from the highways!
Its the only way to travel girls!

I love the fairy houses! You have inspired me to plan a fairy garden for next summer!

Hugz, Dolly

Kara Ward said...

You sound like me... I love theses charming houses. I would have followed the sign too. You never know what you may miss along the way. Kara

Chris said...

Oh Kathy thanks so much for sharing these and the wonderful little story behind them. I am in love with anything fairy and these are just so totally delightful :D
hugs
Chris xx

Sandy said...

I want to go and live in one of these darling little houses! Thanks for sharing this unique artist.