Friday, July 17, 2009

A SCRAPBOOK SHOW AND FRIENDS

WHat a great time I had at the scrapbook show in the Atlanta area -last week - My scrap friend had to work --but how neat to see some of my other favs --who live a couple of hours away- Joanne of "The Ribbon Emporium "- with all her beautiful ribbons and of course my friend Kris Hurst of(Blissful Elements ) I bought lots of vintage things in their booth -- Great ribbon , several christmas kits--believe me their things make your mouth water -- hand dyed silk ribbons and cords dyed especially for christmas , with wonderful things to create with - some 1800's music sheets and always something handmade to display-as they always have the neatest ideas -ALSO see Kris's site for her new Halloween images c.d. --You will love it -- also found some Tim Holtz things i had been looking for -- (his mask and the metal numbers and at another booth found two great mini-punches for Christmas -- tiny double snowflakes and also a reindeer - How cool also to finally see the tattered angels -spray -- Gotta have it -and I certainly hate to pay shipping , If i could find it locally -- A rubber stamp designer had a great large Butterfly
one I loved -- you also stamp a transparency -- will show that when I finally make one -- as right now I am immersed in BIBle school craft work - It starts next week .



Notice the sweet yarn idea -- I love the wooden vintage button


Have a great weekend !!_ ♥

3 comments:

Cottage Rose said...

Hey there Kathy; It looks like you and your friend are having a ball, I love the goodies you bought, the Christmas packs are really pretty.
Have a great weekend.

Hugs;
Alaura

vivian said...

hi kathy, sounds like you got lots of good stuff. I would love to meet Kris Hurst. She is so talented. Now have fun creating with all your new goodies. cant wait to see what you come up with.
have fun at bible school. I used to run the arts and crafts part of our bible school every year, but havent in many years!
Youre a perfect person to be doing it!
have a sweet weekend!
vivian

Cindy said...

oh man....looks like some great packets! :) You lucky dog you!

-c
yapping cat