Monday, July 28, 2008

Great Finds !! a room in progress














I am currently in a home dec hunting mode . I hate paying full price -- when i know there are great finds just waiting to be had . I am currently redoing my living room -- Needs fresh paint ya know ! Think I have decided on a color not too dark or light - Just right -- It is a creamy
gold color called Wheat straw --I need to get a sample can --just to see - and paint a big swath
of it on my wall .
Having an old victorian farmhouse is synonomus with a wrap around porch-
so there is not a lot of light coming in the windows- plus we have huge oak trees surrounding . So, as you know , paint can look very different on the wall than
in the can or sample .

I bought a great tapestry fabric and Hub and I shopped for a comfy sofa style to have it
put on - we have a great store not very far - Tapestry fabric, very sturdy doesn't mind , grandchildren
or a little snooze in comfort for my " Sweetiedog "- part poodle part shi-tzu. as sofas are
pricey these days -
Well , one morning was killing a little time in town , before a schedule meeting --and ran int
my local Goodwill store -- I was one of only 3or 4 customers -- and I found these - two great side occasional chairs - with sage green suede -in perfect condition -- and each was only $20
I love the carved details and the color goes so well with the pillow that is the tapestry fabric for my sofa. I also found this 100%wool runner -for $8.65 - crazy pricing -but ya gotta love it !
Will show you the finished product , when I get hub in the painting mood , and get everything put back together .

3 comments:

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

I really love the chair its sooo gorgeous!
My living room needs new updated furniture too.Looking.... it has to throw me before I will buy it.

Diane at Crafty Passions

vikki said...

you found some great treasures! i love that when that happens. have fun playing with your decorating! have a beautiful week ~ wish u could come for a visit to the booth, too, kathy! have a beautiful week ~ love & hugs & blessings, vikki ♥

Sheila Rumney said...

Thank you for popping on by my little blog and saying a prayer for little Andrew. It really means alot!

Have a great time decorating!