Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Guest room Decorating part 2

This flag is very large
and hanging over a bookcase -it is one of the remains
of my son's decor- so when you see blue touches
in this room they will be removed soon .

As you can see I wasn't kidding about the jumble ,


The blue is a draped table - left over from my son's
decor- It really looked great the blue , red and khaki.




I found this print at Hobby Lobby and fell in love with
the print and frame and of course I had a 40%
coupon from online -- It works well with the curtains
I bought at a Shabbychic consignment shoppe
for $45-- amazing , As my home is a turn of the century
victorian , the windows are huge and every drape
idea takes a lot of material-




The toile I loved and found at one of those $7
fabric stores the background is a creamyyellow-
It was just a remnant -not sure where I will use it .





This is a close up of the curtains . When i looked the
selvedge (?) edge said Laura Ashley - wow
I was so excited .




Months later ( this is the truth - sounds like a fairy tale )
I found this topper - valence-at an antique shop ) It was
50 miles from where I bought the first - and has a sewn on border
of a contrasting fabric I love ( Laura Ashley also )
and some flowers have the golden tan look which I
think looks good with Khaki --Note*- this house has 10 foot ceilings
so paint is always expensive also and i decided to keep the paint- so God blessed me and
I got a deal that I think will look good -






I am a sucker for footstools - especially
needlepoint ones -- I have them in everyroom
- well you see I am vertically challenged at
5 ft tall - so my feet don't touch when i
sit in most chairs , -- thereby the footstool
is usually at my fav chair in each room . -







Found this beautiful flower - sort of velvety
and the creamy roses are a great contrast.

This pillow has to fit somewhere -- I LUV !!
IT !!-- One of my fav collectibles are Cherubs -
bought it for $12 at a flea market --
















More of the jumble- The two lamps I hope will work
and i love the checked shade -- not sure where i will use it ,
toleware trays are my weakness -- and black backgrounds
are all that I collect . I have several in my dining room .
T his sweet angel is one of my favorites -
found at a flea market -for $5- she is reading
which has been one of my favorite pastimes
since i was a little girl -- I have another one
a smaller angel that is reading also --tho different with a green patina
Purchased it at my favorite Charleston S>C>
antique store .











THis set of green nesting tables will go well
with the green in the leaves of the
curtain material , I think -- They were a steal at
$35 -- I had to put on my glasses to be sure the price
i thought was correct . Was almost clapping my hands lol !
( BY the way not sure how true my pics are showing the colors to you
, still working on my photo skills )
but * the fabric background is black -- I also have a metal
shelf red bought from Hobby Lobby.to add the pop of red
The thing I have not worked out in my head is
the color of the bedspread -- remember I am looking for a daybead
black metal or wood -- rubbed off -- country french look -
ok any ideas -- was thinking of black ticking maybe ?? yikes scared here -
-- Have a collection of paper white pillows to toss on the bed - will be adding a chair
also even buffalo checks on pillows mixed with the solids
WHATT DA YA THINK ???




























3 comments:

Terri said...

I think you should bring it all to my house and redo my bedroom! Great finds! Glad to see your posting again! Hugs, Terri

Sassafras and LuLu said...

Hello Kathy,
finally getting in touch w/you, I am way behind as usual, I got your comment on my Blog..email me & let me know your likes for Vivian's swap & I will reply back!
Love your decorating things, I have had lotsa little (& big) blessings too!! You have nice taste & what a find on that valance! I will await your reply.
Carol email: jec@afo.net
www.sassafrasandlulu.blogspot.com

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Hi Kathy... glad you stopped by my blog... I just love finding new blogger friends and reading their lovely blogs.... I will stop by often...