I wanted to share a few pics of my precious
daughter's home -- She has such a sense of style ,
and always finds great things at bargain prices .
Of course she is a natural leader and can
bargain with the best of them .
Thse blue transferware platesd are some of my faves
-but this cabinet makes me drool- She bought the cabinet ,
a matching buffet and table and chairs for a song .
The detail is amazing and so french -oh la la -I love
it . The chair next to it -is perfect - I love the red chippy paint -
It is one of my favorite things in her home .
This very old pitcher -resides in the kitchen . the inside
truly tells it's age - sorry no pic of that
Her kitchen is a raspberry color -- She defininately
isn't afraid of color. She has quite a collection
of wonderful plates -- This is my favorite
-I think lol .
She found this sweet little shelf - painted it shabby green
and it resides on her counter with sweet collectibles .
The little round wooden box is her aspecial prize
to her ♥ . Her Dad turned it - it is a wish box --
She likes to have it near -- she truly loves him -
They like the same books -etc and both have
a quick wit . they are always making me laugh.
OK -- I will say it now -- not supposed to envy anyone
or covet -- especially family -- but this welsh cabinet in
her kitchen does me in . _She bought it and immediately
filled it with wonderful goodies.
Like these sweet collections below
She collects many different things - as do I
guess I passed on the addiction .
My family lived during the depression
with that make do attitude .
So years later , it was out with all the
with that make do attitude .
So years later , it was out with all the
old and on to the newly manufactured .
My Mom didn't like any antiques nor
did her siblings , so alas all my antiques
are ones I have collected -none were passed
My Mom didn't like any antiques nor
did her siblings , so alas all my antiques
are ones I have collected -none were passed
down - so therby I had to do it -- RIGHT !!!
(do I have to mention collection addiction lol )
(do I have to mention collection addiction lol )
were new , and seems to fit the look perfectly
to me . I love period details ,but not a stickler .
If it suits my eye that's all that's all that matters.
Her collection of plates goes around the soffit in the kitchen
( impressed with that soffit - info ? LOL ) hub
to me . I love period details ,but not a stickler .
If it suits my eye that's all that's all that matters.
Her collection of plates goes around the soffit in the kitchen
( impressed with that soffit - info ? LOL ) hub
has been a builder for 42 yrs -- I amaze myself sometimes that
I know builder lingo lol !!!
one of my fav collectibles . I only
collect those with a black background
collect those with a black background
Some bargains can still be found, but not many
I started many years ago , before all the
mags had them in most issues . In fact
they were really a country item . I have the
I started many years ago , before all the
mags had them in most issues . In fact
they were really a country item . I have the
first issue of "Country Homes " magazine ,
It is packed away somewhere , so can't
remember the date - but we have lived
here in our current home for 30 yrs and it was before that ,
anyway they were popular then and could be
seen in those mags --
Hope you enjoyed the mini-tour . I will
post others at a later date -- The grandkids ,
Hope you enjoyed the mini-tour . I will
post others at a later date -- The grandkids ,
rooms are adorable also (ahem , I painted some of the items there
lol -- will tell a crazy story about victoria's secret paper -
glue and a crazy idea --yikes makes me tired to think of it .


4 comments:
Your daughter does have great taste. I really like how she decorated her home, for very lovely and cozy. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs;
Alaura
hi kathy! loved seeing your daughters' home. she shares your love for the 'tiques & chippy stuff. love the chair, u like, too. thanx for the sweet comment on my blog. i am starting to git the hang of some of the stuff. i will try and link u to my blog. did some last nite, but some did not co-operate, it is me ~ operator error! have a beautiful day! blessings and hugs, vikki ♥
Just beautiful!!! Susie h~
Pretty. I especially love the blue and white...
Post a Comment