Friday, August 22, 2008

Organizing - Part ?? Right -brain -Left Brain ?? - Country or Chintz??


I need to check with Dawn of Feathered Nest -- I bought this at
her shop last year -It is not signed - love the pen , ink well
and cabinet card -She was not the there the day I bought it .


This tin was a sample I designed -for Bible school last year ,
can you believe it - I did this craft with almost 500
children - They did the outside - and we had the inside printed
at the church office .



It's all about the blue shelves - I think I mentioned them in a previous post - In a galaxy far far away -or eons ago lol !-well, I was a decorative painter (crafter) at the juried shows in and around the Atlanta , Ga. area - That was about 12 years ago . All the constant work ( can I say thousands )took a toll


on my hands and you get burnout -at least ,I did . How many new ideas can you come up with ??


My customrers were wanting something new each show (while thankful ) quite a process .


Where is this heading ,you say , well that was my Country period --hence my blogger name "CountryChintz "-- My hub and I went antiqueing, every month at Scotts in Atl. and to the Heart of the Country -show in Nashville every year --and amassed a ridiculous amount of STUFF -while I still love it -- styles change and as you see I am in my "Chintz "period now lol .


But with my organizing -wanted to put the blue shelves in with my type trays and all the heritage styl e tags and those things that I love and collect,now - victorian children's toys and books , were a fave of mine as well as bears - bunnies etc . To be truthful -I've never met a book I didn't like (just joking - only good books need apply )--I read somewhere a quote from a DAD --


" To never trust someone who has no books in their home " - As a child , I was not given books - but when I went to school ,books were my favorite passtime and constant friend ,and are still today -


with books , they become a companion , teach , take you on journeys and please the eye among other things - Of course my most beloved is" God's Holy Word " - so I wanted to give a glimpse of these shelves in progress ( never quite finished lol ). Still sifting , sorting , and rearranging --wow moved one group three times , yikes !- pics in no particular order -- Holler Uncle !! when the organizing saga is driving ya crazy --- Kathy _GA

3 comments:

Terri said...

Only one comment....when you finish there please come do my house? Love to look at everything you do! Hugs, Terri

vivian said...

Kathy,
I LOVE the tin with the letter from god! wonderful! and the little bunny sitting by it is adorable!
enjoy the rest of your weekend!
hugs
vivian

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Kathy... Wonderful to organize... but to get ourselves focused to " get her done" is another act... Oh my I love the box that Dawn created....Have a fun filled and peaceful holiday weekend...