Wednesday, August 27, 2008

On the way to craft room organizing - a collection was found


I am still in the throes of organizing -
, while I have come so far --I have to mull
over every file and item in my studio - so I
still have a long way to go -- For a multi media
person - which I found out I was - lol, everything
is a potential art item to glue or paint or alter in some way
-and you may not need it this month , but will be perfect
for a creation next spring - Therein lies my problem ,
so many thing s - that fit just in a thing category .
It is easy to organize things that are seasonal - but
all items are not created equal --so how to find them ,
when I need them -- So I started collecting the
beautiful boxes from around my home . Who knew I had so many
'and I sure am all about loving them . The little sweetie in
the first picture is on one of those -- owie things -- a plant
frog -- how were they named that ??? Well as i started
going through things ( bags and boxes ) realized I have a small
collection of these also . I do love them , and can display
my fav cards - tags ( I am a tagaholic and an ATC lover )


as you can see i have several here - and I
have several bitty ones also .

These are some of my favorite boxes , all in the
room are filling up with supplies . I have been
a collector of things for years - This square box
on the bottom , came with Anna Griffin paper and
supplies - Then I found another in green with same supplies
at a flea mkt - lucky me !! - These are on the big shelves
( the top three shelves look good - but the bottom two have
bins that need sorting) -- had to get some things in place , for
there is no space to walk -- all the items are crying out to me
to create -- such lovelies -- once lost , in all the cluttered stuff .


This is a view of the small shelves , you saw in previous posts.
Also used some garden things to display tags --Just getting started with that
Remember I am a tagaholic -also won a contest at an Archivers
during a scrap there . Everyone had to make a tag and the winner
won all the tags -- WOO HOO !! - I won and was I happy -- will show those
later - It was near Halloween , so while others were doing
scrapbook pages , I was making cards and tags lol --
SEE the bare worktable on the left - had an ugly green plastic tablecover .
I use ink , spray ink - tattered angels (love that glimmer )
also make paste paper and other messy things with utee -
so It was in need of going bye bye _ Have been following a site
with great ideas --- Nestor --of "Nesting Place -blissfully domestic -
She has a great home and Ideas and does -- "Window Mistreatments "_
Ya gotta see it to understand -- well today she was covering her craft table
and so the plastic had to come off --It also made me feel better ,
she showed beneath her table -- ya know the place old crafts
go to die lol- Well it reminded me of someone I know intimately lol.
So now where did I put that old lace table cloth , with the hole ---- would be great around the
bottom and so chic !and I am trying to let nothing reside under there -
Only my footstool - for I am vertically challenged at 5 ft. and - my feet
hardly ever touch the ground . Ok enough blabbing
Have a great Evening -- Blessings -- KAthy ♥♥ - GA

6 comments:

Cottage Rose said...

I love all your hat boxes, they are just so pretty. I have only one and it is believe or not under my craft table holding supplies. lol I hope your organizing goes better then mine is going, but I am going to prevail it shall be done.. lol
Have a great Friday

Hugs;
Alaura

Rustic Tarts said...

Hi Kathy
Thank you for coming by and visiting our blog. I just wanted to say Hi from Australia and to ask if you will come and organise my craft room when you are finished with yours!!
Christina

Sassafras and LuLu said...

Hi Kathy,
just taking a moment to post on my blog w/pics of your lovely pinkeep/surprises you sent me for the swap. I am getting knee-deep & have to post/been weeks!! & Yes, Me too, multi-media...it does mean multi-stuff. AND it seems I start to put my supplies neatly then start another project and there they are again! Good job w/organizing..hat boxes are so pretty!
hugs, Carol

Sandy said...

Sounds like we share the same vertical challenge! Your studio is shaping up nicely. Love the boxes!

abu_ezoom said...

even i hate girls stuff , but i like u'r works very much
keep going !!

vikki said...

your room is coming along nicely! i need to organize a few things, too... i love looking at my 'things' so it is hard to find work space & git into the 'stuff'. usually i move something & go to where i 'used' to have it, not remembering where its' new home is... =) keep on creating, you are doing great! hugs & blessings, vikki ♥