I really am not an orange person -- until -Fall arrives -- I do love burnt orange sweaters with jeans -- and browns and golds in clothes -- but never in decorating --
Except -- I so so love the halloween things -- It is really hard to incorporate into -- my green and pink scheme that is in different shades throughout my house -- so i concentrate on decorating in my art room --
where anything goes -- of course maybe not to some -- but suits me fine lol --
The deep oranges and black colors together -- and plaids and black and white dot ribbon are faves .
Y esterday as i going grocery shopping, I stopped at our local flea -tique place -- and while not many Halloween things were on display -- one booth had several cute things
I am not a sewer --can sew a little -- but definately not the craft of first choice -- so these sweet pumkins were a great find -- The little "BOO " one was -
only $3.50 and of course needed a companion -- The boxes were calling my name -- so had to get those too - although I was a painter in juried shows for years --
They were less that just the boxes would have cost --so They had to come home with me too . I got several packs of these little mini add -ons --for $1 each - , will probably add to atc's
Each year I cannot resist my country roots ( decorating and crafting for years )
and have to purchase " THe Country Sampler Magazine "-- am a mag - a -holic also - as well as books - and art and **** so on - yikes ! They have the best display ideas and THose colors I like . Of course had to pull out my door hanging I made last year -- It is a 12X12 -- and has my favorite Halloween images on it .
Just wanted to show my finds - Have been Halloween creating for swaps ,but have not displayed anthing yet --
Have a great weekend " YA'LL "- Kathy - ga


3 comments:
Your blog is a treat to look around! Love all the Halloween items. Thanks for visiting my blog, and there is a Chrisstmas tag swap going on right now at my friends blog http://thewhytepaper.blogspot.com/
Check it out if you are interestred!
Hi Kathy, just checking in... see how you are doing... Today was a lovely fall day here.... Early eve is sitting in and it is beautiful.
Hi Kathy. I just received the tags from Sarah at gypsy mermaid's Spooky Halloween Tag Swap. That's the wonderful thing about swaps, you are then led to all these creative blogs.
1st - Thank you for your precious tag. So many things to look at. I love every element. The ticket and bottle cap are just to cute.
2nd - I think your blog page is GREAT! I love the halloween header. I've been looking for one. I'm fairly new at blogging and tags - so much to learn. I'm glad I've found your page for inspiration!
Thanks & I hope we'll run into each othre again....Tracy
P.S. Please take a peek at my 1st blog giveaway @ http://cottonpickincute.blogspot.com
Post a Comment