Tuesday, September 16, 2008

HAPPY FALL YA"LL __


Here in the south we are getting a few days of cooler
temperatures . Sunday it was very hot here .
I have been looking at all the fall decorations and
preparations on blogs , but was really not in the spirit
of Fall . Yesterday , as i was continuing with
that- thing -I am still doing (organizing -- with all I have it
is like trying to organize and store - " 10 lbs of taters in
a 5 lb sack " lol ) I found the tag that started this creation
for a Halloween panel . The little girl below was a tag I
made last year at an ARCHIVERS (scrap store ) during a scrap night
tag challenge -- and I won !! amazing ,as I never win anything ,
So I got to choose one of two prizes -- a $5 item or all the tags created
__Of course I took the tags -- will show those when I find which
storage folder they are in . So I started creating -- lots of the words are
stamped and then layered . The little girl in the hat is very serious is very serious .


I think the little sweet girl with candle
-She is searching for the great Punkin '-
is from Kris at http://krislhurst.blogspot.com
and on her halloween c.d. -- She is so talented
and a very special blog friend. I have some great
fun things that I bought from her - as well as several
c.d.'s of pictures and design elements - she is a photoshop
whiz -- That is what I want to be when I grow up
lol -- turned 61 on Aug 25 -- so better get busy .lol



This crazy smiling cat definitely is hers and really
makes me laugh( he is waitin gon the little furry spider in the right upper
corner -- Need to get hub to cut some wispy
branches ,so I can spray them - hmm now do i want
to make them black --or white or silver - have some other cute
tags to hang , some from Kris and some i created .
Opting for the lighter ones means not having to change it
out for a possible Christmas vignette, gotta add some tiny lights .
I am also doing Teresa 's zine and the first days (MONDAY ) halloween
dec ideas
so cute -- so really into it now
Our family never decorated very much
for any holiday except Christmas ( my Dad built a green house
on the side of our house and grew wonderful things
vegetables , banana trees -and beautiful and exotic
flowers he ordered -- once a bean plant and the beans were two feet long --
I think they were some type of rain forest plant
, we never ate them -so I guess I have
certainly made up for the collecting and decorating since.
* (excuse the glare on the kitty -he is stickled )
( stickles -glitter glue -the best -very fine -lovely with a fine tip )
and I added a dimensional finish to him )


I do love to make Halloween items - don't usually do the witchy
stuff -- but some are so cute . As a child we dressed
up in crazy concoctions out of our Mom and
Dad's closet to go Trick R" Treating , and makeup
for our faces was the best part especially being the girly
girl I am . Costumes and decorations
were not in every store at that time -- Our
school would have a Taffy Candy -sale in the fall -to raise
funds -- we sold the huge sized ones - sweet
-taffy pieces -wrapped in
just a waxed paper twist - vanilla , chocolate and
strawberry - so yummy -for .50-- what a
bargain . Needless to say , my parents paid for quite a few
as we got them to sell door to door -none of this
ordering and in a box or shipped - Kinda unsanitary
and crazy to my thinking now -But they were hard
to resist -- nothing tastes like those did -- most ingredients
were the real thing not man made flavorings ,
Thanks for going down memory lane with me . Now
I need to go in the kitchen or to the store -- I have a strange longing
that I do not think my pantry or any store can
fulfill -- but Chocolate is always a good substitution--
you know it should be on the top of the food pyramid
--(any children reading this cover your eyes lol )
It could be one of the food groups -- it could cover three -
3 mind you --- white , dark , and milk chocolate --
Glad to share that little known fact -as I have never seen
a chocolate I didn't like -- even the choc .covered
expresso beans --yumm -- OK _ too- de-loo -
off to shop --Blessings-- Kathy









3 comments:

cherry said...

Omigosh.....I love it. I need to find some more cool Halloween graphics. I did a altered Halloween clock last night. I plan on sharing it today. You are sooo talented! Have a great day. cherry

vikki said...

love the halloween!! great look. will have to check it out further, later. & the other sites you mentioned. thanx for your comments, sweetie. medical tests are ok, thank God! but still not feeling much better. drinking immodium ad like bottled water! computer is back, but running slow. will call phone company and see if interference in house, since phone is full of static. take care. love seeing your creativeness... look forward to seeing more. and a happy belated birthday, too, m'dear friend. hugs & blessings, vikki ♥

Kara Ward said...

I am loving this idea. Thanks for inspiring me. You are a very talented crafter. I hope you are going to Silverbella too. I would love to meet you. Kara