Friday, September 26, 2008

She said it would be -**SPOOKY **


SHE SAID IT WOULD BE *** SPOOKY***

The cutest _BOO _ we've ever seen

as we created - these IDEAS for

A CREEPY - CRAWLY HALLOWEEN __

but in the center of the scariest -- I added some of
""THE CUTEST GIRLS "" -I've ever seen.
__________________________________
** HOw fun was the inspiration on Teresa's -zine yesterday .
of course I always deviate form the total plan -and
that is what she says -make it your own - I think you can click
on the pictures to enlarge the details - Dawn , of the feathered nest
was blogging about sharing -- My ideas may not be new to you
but wanted to share for any interested -- As much as possible
I like to use elements I have created on my computer -or purchased to alter
_______________________________________*******
Pic 1 - the witchy tickets -- are from cd Kris Hurst -too cute -
** note the scrap paperbackground had the design of dots in the center
i added - Glimmermist -spray plus walnut ink spray - also the spiders
were childrens plastic -rings --cut the underpart offand glued down -added stickles -
* note I can hardly make anything without my fav -vintage buttons -
* also see the speckles in the paper -- used this idea to make a sign for bible school
decorating - Use the paint spray -- MAKe IT STONE(michaels ) - Granite - gave this textured
result - there are several types -- I think the one that has a beige look would be great for
sand element.
Pic 2 - note about buttons -- if yours seem too newfor the vintage look - rub a little
antiqueing medium , paint , or brown shoe polish in a can on it
**also - for PAPER - I tone down too bright paper - by tea or coffee dye -
put in small amount of coffee - use the instant with vanilla flavor -
tags etc smell great after drying -also for a spotted look -when paper is removed
sprinkle granules of coffee randomly -leave til dry and brush off -
*note I use manila tags from -staples etc - and dye pink, green etc - with
unsweetened -KOOL-aid - in small amt water - dry on paper towels -turn so no
curling -or use Purchased spray dyes -- they get expensive if
you use a lot - they usually go a long way - also when paper is wet -
sprinkle with coarse salt for a neat effect --P>S> also there are paste
papers -- too many ideas - so will try to show those later .
PIC 3 - SEE the orangey cloth like stuff - as you guessed it is
gause or - scrim -- sometimes you can buy it in colors from Joann 's
- have some pale blue etc --I love - but you can dye it as above-or rit dye
This orange I purchased from Kris friend Joann - she had
them at show -already dyed orange -
Her Display Journal with o the cover and other elements - great !
** ALL elements-- the cardstock items I printed out - then spray glu e
another whole cardstock to first
page together --then cut - gives stability - also - fun foam works also to give
dimension- pop dots work but to last - cardstock -or cardboard is best -
** GIRLS - recycle all your foo d boxes --- freebie s and the environment will
love ya !!!

* PICs all --al so forgot to mention - that I really love to chalk items to give
depth - you can ink edges - a little messy sometimes - and the chalks do not come in individual colors
so the brown goes fast - so the idea of the shoe cream polish works here also -
use an alligator clip -holder and a small white pom pom -
ball to get good control -- **now start out with l ess - then add -
after it is as you like - buff slightly with a poofed paper towel - that way it is not smeared
where you don 't want it .

WHEW __ the sharing is fun - but Hats off to you girls who do tutorials
*** BIG DISCLAIMER *** try these on unimportant items first ***
I print most of my pics so if a process doesn't work -- i can print another ,
* This is now hanging on my studio door !!!

I had fun creating this and fun sharing - Let me know if I can answer any questions .

BLessings < Kathy - GA

10 comments:

Sherry said...

Wow...you took Teresa's tutorial to a whole new level...I love it!!!! You've given me some ideas of what to do with my own...I liked Teresa's, make no mistake, but you've taken it and flown!

The Charm House said...

This is so awesome! I actually live on Lake Walton which I consider VERY close to Covington. My friend across the lake has a Covington address and I have a Monroe address. Crazy isn't it.... I love going to Archiver's! And I love going to shop for Antiques. We have an incredible collection of handmade wooden bowls, weed vases, boxes (some that my husband made) and other great wooden pieces! I would love to meet you sometime and share art madness! My mother-in-love is an artist, but we share different types of art. I need someone to get in my head every once in a while. Maybe you can help. LOL Can't wait to meet you!

The Feathered Nest said...

OMGoodness Kathy!! I love this! Such a wonderful piece of artwork ~ and those two little cuties in the center are adorable ~ you're so sweet to share your techniques too!! xxoo, Dawn

Terri said...

Your art is so beautiful and you are such a giving person! Good job my cyber friend. Can we be neighbors? Hugs, Terri

Anonymous said...

This is great! I love it! I better get over to Teresa's ezine and see what her's looked like. I haven't done any of the projects yet but want to do the candle! I love your technique...that was so sweet of you to share!

Tina said...

Hey Kathy

Wow - thanks for stopping by my blog - aren't theresa's zine always so great...I am having fun but I do have to admit I haven't had a chance to make anything yet...I am preparing to leave for portland for art and soul on tuesday - so I am scrambled but I love to have something to look forward to on mon, wed and fri...stay in touch...

Joy said...

Amazing creations! And thanks for the great tips.

vivian said...

LOVe it!! you did a great job!
hugs!
vivian

cherry said...

Hi Kathy...I would love to try one of these...where do you get your old pics to use? I have old ones..I have of family that I could alter...I soooooo need to get some ink cartridges...my printer is out. YOU my dear are one talented cookie. cherry

Sherry Williams said...

This is an amazing Halloween creation! You are so talented and creative! Can't wait to see more of your blog! Sherry is GA!!