Sunday, September 21, 2008

Visions of the heart


As I continue to sift thru - the stuff in my studio ,
I am finding things that I made that really still have
meaning for me . This is a small cloth heart sachet, I purchased
it was plain muslin -- I used -Lumiere -gold to paint parts of
it and stamped words on the muslin . The face is stamped
on book board and then I used my favorite watercolor pencils
to color . I added the beads - and stamped vision --' then added a
pinback . In my mind the title was "vision of the heart " -
so I added the small scroll -with the words -- What does your heart see ??
, those we must reach out to in a hurting world ??? or just another
person whose life and situation matter not ???
I pray that I am always seeking to see with my heart ,
for God places people in our lives that we can share
his love for them .
This blog family has shared so many hurts , needs , prayer requests ,
laughs ,and triumphs , and has formed a community of Art lovers -whose vision
is not just thru your eyes --- Thank you for visiting , you are a part of my
daily life - We are so many miles apart and most will never meet . But you
have touched my life -- Blogs have become a place to express the art , that flows
from our minds and hands and heart - with so many others -from all over the world .
May God's love and Peace be with you today .
Blessings ,Kathy

5 comments:

cherry said...

Beautiful...you are truly talented. cherry

vivian said...

AMEN! I second all that you said. what a beautiful world this piece of blogland is!!
hugs to a wonderfully creative woman!!
vivian

Sherry said...

This is a beautiful piece art...creatively inspired & inspiring.

The Feathered Nest said...

What a beautiful post Kathy...I feel the exact same way ~ I love seeing your artwork...Beautiful!! Have a wonderful week, xxoo Dawn

vikki said...

lovely, lovely piece u created, m'dear! and love what u said... truly talented! love your banner & the halloween shelves! love, love, love fall! keep on creating! look forward to seeing more! hugs & blessings, vikki ♥