NEVER !!! TO ME !!! I NEVER WIN ANYTHING !!!
Last weekend we, along with our daughter and grands attended
a beautiful dance performance - written and directed by
a friend at our church - It was about Gifts -- and the Greatest gift -
Jesus -- so beautiful , joyous and ethereal in parts .
It took place in a small theater , in a small but
beautiful , quaint and historic town near us . The dance troop
was only using the theater for the performance
, This theater group, though , has
a special emphasis to engage children in the arts
. and were selling raffle tickets during intermission
to raise money for free art camps tuition for
students unable to attend otherwise -- so we bought a ticket
They asked , which raffle di d we wish to enter
- my not knowing those available , they
mentioned a few -- I chose the silver ornament
basket , sight unseen - CAuse , it didn't really matter -cause
I NEVER WIN !!! LOL . Imagine my surprise
when my phone rang today and I had won !!
I DO so Love it -- !! all about the silver this year
and trying not to be a spendthrift , and buy ornaments
and "STUFF " - which I really had no time to use to
decorate and would be packed up for next year
. I really wanted deers too , never have before but ,
when we went to the Mountains a while back
There was a very high end cabin store nearby
and they had , beautiful ones but very very pricey displayed in a beautiful setting with fine china and silver , I have collected quite a few pieces over the years .and look here
in my basket - not one but two deer , I was so surprised .
and a beautiful tree topper _ I have a large one in GOld that I have had
for several years for my
living room tree - I love a star on the treetop , it reminds me of the
star that guided the wise men to the BABY JESUS --but not up this year -
so it was totally my taste --
and shimmery stockings !!!
may do a small tree with them -- I saw that in a
old Victoria magazine -- years ago --
I never had a silver baby cup myself -- and am drawn to these
. some have initials , one says baby and My favorite
find so far has My husbands name on it . Oh time is running out
don't think I have time to do it this year , but they will wait .
So never say never -- seems like God, like I said the other day has such a sense
of humor , and "LOVE " -- Random Acts of Kindness , sent my way --
at a time when there have been a few bumps in the road .
some Challenges , but God is ever faithful
and like these shiny ,bright , and silver ornaments and sweet little cups
His love is ever present shining down on us --
In HIS scripture it says --" If my people , who are called by my name , will
humble themselves and pray and seek my face , and turn from their ways ,
then will I hear from Heaven and will heal their land, their homes , their very lives
That is my wish for Christmas -- for hurts to be healed , homes restored
faith renewed ,safety of loved ones -serving in the military , far from home this year , for
people and especially children , living in opressed countries - to have HOPE of living in a country without fear -- for the world to come to know "JESUS" __ THE PRINCE OF PEACE
MAY you and Your families be richly Blessed this Christmas Season !!
Kathy


6 comments:
Hello Kathy; What a very lovely post, and congratulations on winning such a wonderful basket of silvery pretties. I am so happy for you that you won. I pray the same for your family.
Merry Christmas
Hugs;
Alaura
How wonderful for you.....I hope you have a Blessed Christmas..
Hugs
Sue
hello, love all your silver pretties.. i see you got the 'Christmas digi kit' isn't it fun?! yes you are welcome to use the pictures, scrap on my blog ,but the ones of my home or my art work you must give credit to me..vintage stuff, postcards,paper dolls etc. is free to whatever! Thanks for visiting..
I love those baby cups..I have a few too. GReat win girl! You deserve it. MERYYYYYY Christmas, cherry
What a lovely surprise! Merry Christmas.
a lovely post from a lovely lady! the basket went to such a wonderful lady ~ i am soo happy that you won it ~ you are a blessing to all & you have been blessed. love your header, too m'dear. hugs & blessings, vikki ♥
Post a Comment