Friday, September 26, 2008

SURPRISED !!!


WOW ! this little guy is surprised - two posts in one day

This was a quick one with just a few touches added .
Dontcha ' just love his eyes - can't you imagine at the turn
of the century or before when this picture was made
-- the flash and noise going off. He ( she ?) was so startled .
I always wonder how in the world did they get all the children to be so serious .
I don't think , that children came into the world without smiles ,
just were redirected then .. As I think of that -- It reminds me of
the children at the Mission church ( trailer park mission ) ,where my Hub teaches
on Sundays -during our churchs second service .
Sometimes when they first come on their first visit and are
welcomed, given breakfast , and after the Bible story and crafts
are given a special treat (always a favorite of the kids -blow-pops ) they still
may never smile, and this can go on for several weeks - sometimes only
once or twice --but sometimes their need and hurt is so deep -and they have no trust -
for adults have wounded their little hearts and minds .
Their smiles and trust has to be earned, by patience , and caring
and the feeling of safety . Sorry to get so sad here , but it is a reality .
Pray for those children -will show some of their pics
soon , if I can get them scanned in correctly.
Sometimes they are with us at the Mission for several months or even years -or some are
gone quickly ,into the night , parents , not able to pay rent or in trouble with
the police , - we never know where . --those are the hardest to
think about . We know God is in control and pray that God's word is hidden in their hearts,
and will be remembered by them - That he loves them , no matter their circumstances .
Give your children an extra hug today -- Just as I will my three grown children and their
spouses , and my sweet Grandchildren (2 ).
. Blessings - Kathy - GA

6 comments:

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Kathy; Love love the baby Halloween photo. So cute and sweet looking. What a great and wonderful thing you and your husband are doing for all those little children, I will keep then in my Prayers.

Have a great weekend.

hugs;
Alaura

Terri said...

Kathy you rock with altered art! I left you something on my blog! Hugs,Terri

Unknown said...

Awww I just love the collage! I read somewhere that in those days people were told not to smile or move because the cameras were so sensitive that they wanted to avoid blurry pix. Thank goodness we can smile in our pix now:) Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!
Hugs!
Sandy

Chris said...

Hey you HAVE been busy and boy he does so look surprised...lol Your artwork is beautiful and I love these pieces they made me smile :)
hugs
Chris xx

Angela said...

Hey Kathy, thank you so much for visiting my blog! I have been so busy trying to get things ready for the shop and Mistletoe Market in Nov. that I have been a bad blogger. I visit everyone else and ignore my own. Where in Ga. are you? I am in Byron, just south of Macon, are we close? I have to go add you to my list of blogs, talk to you soon.

The Charm House said...

Kathy, so totally understand about your children that you bring into your church! We have a bus ministry and we bring in the same children! It is amazing what a hug can do for them! Have to keep loving on them, ALL THE TIME!!! That's God's Way!
By the way, thanks for the comment~ Yvette