
Dear Friends ,
What a wonderful year I have had of sharing my , art
my heart and getting to meet so many new online friends .
You have truly blessed me in many ways - Kind thoughts ,
and encouragements and sharing your families , hurts art and ideas ,as
we visited this past year .
We have been in a fun whirl here these days after Christmas ,
and off soon to a fun family dinner at a favorite restaurant -but wanted
a moment to connect to the other --daily parts of my life - you and your blogs
For me next week will be a quiter time - to reflect on the list of
goals this next year -- * - First to focus on what God's list
would be for my life --to love more , serve more, connect more
in my daily life with him and others -These will be goals for my journal
It seems I get so busy, and in my prayer life , am always asking God for blessings , and help ,
and health and protection for my family , friends , my church , our country , for situations and
not taking time to stop ! Listen - for that still voice of God -
Years ago i used to sing a song that always made tears come to my eyes -
for those who know me in real life -- I have tears when happy , or sad , and empathy with others --I used to apologize about that ,sorry for the tears -- when a Pastor said
God never wastes a tear or a hurt - that we grow , love ,share our hearts through
milestones that can help others . So i wanted to share this songs words with you on this first day of a brand new Year ---
The song : "SLOW DOWN " says----
" IN the midst of my confusion , in my time of desperate need ,
when I am thinking none to clearly , a gentle voice does intercede--"
SLOW DOWN , SLOW DOWN , BE STILL
BE STILL AND WAIT ON THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD ,
SLOW DOWN- AND HEAR HIS VOICE -AND KNOW THAT HE IS GOD
That is my main goal this year , to listen ,to hear his voice more clearly - --
I also wish that for you dear friends -
For to hear his voice , his words , his truth , his direction
-for in that - I can have peace in this unpeaceful
world ,no matter the situation or circumstance .
May he richly blessing you this new year of 2009.
Kathy -


7 comments:
love it when kindred spirits connect. just wrote things in my journal yesterday similiar to that. listen more, talk less. be still & hear HIS wonderful voice. me, too, try to focus & simplify in 2009 with HIS shine. love your blog, sweetie. hugs & blessings, vikki ♥
I totally understand about the tears!! Tears of sorrow and tears of JOY... Just wanted to remind you to make a place for ME in your calendar this year. Maybe we can go and visit Dawn Edmonson??? Would that not be great?
Hugs and Blessings,
Yvette
Happy New Year, dear Kathy! Wishing you and yours all the very best that 2009 has to offer. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better so here's to friendship:-)
Love the words to that song, a beautiful way to be reminded to slow down and listen to God's quiet voice. xoxo
Happy New Year! You have wonderful list of meaningful resolutions! These are things that we should all strive to accomplish!
Kathy, What a beautiful post to start the New Year. I think the song says it all. The quiet voice inside telling us to slow down and think God. Thank you for sharing.
Gorgeous post and oh so true! Happy New Year and I look forward to seeing all that you create this year.
hugs,
c
Love the Valentine's header...m..
Post a Comment