Would you believe the area near my side gate
underneath all that snow had jonquils
blooming - and by Friday will be 6o+ here
This is looking out at camellia bushes and across
the road to a pasture , hope all my bushes survive -
they are bowed low with the weight of the snow .
also we had more snow than the northern counties
because of the way the weather was tracking -
school out today and the children -are loving the snow
even tho the sun is out -still cold -so not much
melt and roads may be risky tonight - with the slush .
as you can see the flakes were huge and so beautiful
Well , started this post yesterday afternoon after church and lunch out with family and friends -- alas -- lost it all as the power grid in our
area went out after about 7 inches of snow fell here in the South
. Thankfully all our family arrived home safely - and onlyone was without power like we are -- ours came on after about an hourand a half - but theirs was out for about 4 hours and the temp here was down to 24- Thankfully -they had a fireplace
a camp stove - and sleeping bags --
Haven't seen this much snow here in years .It is such a rarity . I am
sure it is nothing to all you who constantly have snow in the winter .
No one here seems to know how to drive in it - many wrecks here in our small
county-- lots of just bump ins or slides off side of roads -- but unfortunate
none the less .
Our little dog - had no experience with it and didn't like it at all .
so was never out long enough to get a pic of him in the snow . Our sons dog loved the snow
and would scoop it up and eat it and as it was coming down chased the flakes and tried to bite at them = He loved that game !!
Here are a few pictures I took .


8 comments:
Like a fantasy land! Love your pictures, so peaceful!
You have to show me what you are doing with the canvases when you are finished... sounds really cool! If you go to the Dick Blick website, you will get a discount the more you buy. I buy in bulk so I can get a good discount. Really cheap! Plus, I use them like crazy! Cheap gift and everybody loves them! Give a set of three for a wedding gift and the couple thinks it is like a $75.00 wedding gift. I love it!
Love you,
Yvette
PS ~ Are you still enjoying the snow?
Your pictures look so fresh and peaceful with the blanket of snow! We missed out on this storm in S.Indiana. That's the kind of snow I like...60's by friday so it will all be gone :)
gorgeous pictures! I do get very tired of the cold and snow.. but I very much appreciate its beauty!
glad you werent with out power for too long!
hugs
vivian
Hello Kathy; Oh my how pretty the snow looks, I am sorry that you have so much of it. Hope all your plants survive. Love the photos, hope it does not last long, so please stay safe and warm.
Hugs;
Alaura
You can have all that snow my dear....Thursday it snowed here..dropped 4 inches in a couple of hours and it is still here....go away....That is all I think about....decided next year I will give up snow for lent....I ordered 3 of the 4" X 4" canvas....I just loved the Dorthy one and want to make some of the wizard of oz for him...It is his favorite movie of all time....
Hugs
Sue
r u sure u live in georgia? looks like ioway to me! haha. our puppy loves the snow. sucha snow magnet when he comes in. love all your tags & your puppy pic. great to see all your talents. hope the snow melts soon for ya. hugs & blessings, vikki ♥
Kathy, thank you for leaving a comment on my cards post. I must admit that I started out that day trying my luck at making tags. They all seemed to lack something and none of them were blog worthy. You have a true talent for tags. I look at every detail on yours when you post new ones. And I'm not giving up on tag making. So don't hesitate to post new tags often!
Post a Comment